Summer Pastel Tumbler Set
2 to 3 days
2 to 7 days
Summer Tumbler Set - Coloring with Light
Imagine if natural light itself could adorn a joyful object in brilliant color! Sometimes what's imagined comes true!
This Summer Pastel Tumbler Set is dressed up with colors born from light itself! No surface paint, no dye, no artificial coloring of any kind! The gentle pastel pinks, yellows and greens on this tumbler pair is a true reflection of light's magical effects!
The Rainbow and the Metal Man
Meet this interesting Japanese veteran metal worker and designer, Takuji Horie, (pictured here), who had a serendipitous encounter with the Rainbow Metal, titanium.
As a metal craftsman, Mr. Horie's natural curiosity was piqued when a cheeky neighbor came by with a sheet of titanium and an unusual request for a garden planter. Though unfamiliar with titanium at the time, thus challenged, he couldn't turn it down and shooed the neighbor out with the request to leave it up to the experts. Mr. Horie then proceeded to produce that garden planter (by golly) and in the process discovered some very amazing, and untapped possibilities for metal-craft coloring -- the possibility to harness and color with light itself!
The Interesting Discovery
The first thing that Horie and his team discovered is that colors don't come easily! Developing and mastering the technology that demanded precision and innovatiion to produce colors consistently and accurately took more than three years. And so, persistence coupled with stubborness, paid off. Mr. Horie and his team found that the secret of coloring by light can be achieved by carefully controlling several variables in the workshop. Titanium has a naturally occurring film on its surface, and by controlling the thickness of this film, different colors appear. The thickness is manipulated via an electrical current that is regulated for strength and time.
Mr. Horie is the only one in the WORLD to have mastered this difficult, precision, color-by-light technology on products for contemporary life. As Mr. Horie himself often says, “the only one!”
The Rainbow Metal, titanium, has many unique features:
- Light from color AND, though metal, titantium is suprisingly light in weight as well!
- A metal so strong it is used in medical and other industries
- It does not rust
- It is odorless
- It does not give any metallic taste
- Has antibacterial properties
- The double-wall structure ensures cold drinks stay cold longer, (hot longer)
- The elegant, smaller size of these tumblers are well matched for classy drinks such as craft beers, cocktails, designer teas and juices.
- The Sparkler Tumbler Set comes in a lovely wooden gift box and makes an excellent gift for a couple's anniversary or wedding.
Product Details | Care:
- Diameter 70mm x height 105mm
- Volume (9oz) 270cc
- Weight (for 1) 90g
- Wash by hand in warm soapy water. Not for the dishwasher
- Do not scrub with a scouring sponge